The Versatile Blogger Award

Alexandra and Windflower

A few days ago we got the surprising message that we’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award…

 

Thank you so very much Hot Rod Cowgirl  for nominating our blog. Your own blog about horses and your home with all that history is inspiring for everyone.

Amazing to find out that so many people like the Nokota horses. Now I’m supposed to write down seven completely random pieces of information about ourselves.

  1. We like horses, bet you already knew that. Our two dogs also like the horses, but they don’t trust them as much as we do.
  2. We live at a small horse ranch we’ve designed and built by ourselves to 98%, the only thing we regret is not to have done the remaining 2% as well. Anything worth doing is worth doing your own way.
  3. The girls are at the Gothenburg Horse Show today, so they’ll return with some stories and pictures tonight.
  4. Bluebell Star, our four year old lead mare may have a surprise for us this spring, but I think it’s a long shot. We are doubtful, but our youngest daughter is still hoping. Sounds a bit cryptic, but just wait.
  5. We’ve had a few days of sunshine, almost 50F/10C so the snow is almost gone over here now and the spring is stampeding, feels great!
  6. The horse barn is good for scratching off itchy winter coats. Rosie, our filly, almost runs us over begging for a good scratch. Windflower looks like an old buffalo.
  7. Finally a small off the record observation of the week;  I’m modestly involved in a project to design a new particle accelerator (synchrotron radiation facility). The office building will include a home kitchen so the guest scientists, coming from third world countries, can cook their own food because they can’t afford to eat at a nearby lunch restaurant. Those young scientists are bright enough to be able to pursue any profitable career, but instead they choose to work hard to find explanations to the big scientific questions about our future, and not expecting to afford a decent meal, yearning for knowledge more than their own wealth.

Now, here are the seven bloggers we choose for The Versatile Bloggers Award, in random order:

Ann Novek – With the sky as the ceiling and the hearth outdoors

Just another day out west

One Cowboys Way

Eduequine

Genevieve

Campfire shadows

 Semi-Rural farm life

If the above mentioned nominees feel moved to play the game, here are the rules:

1. In a post on your blog, nominate 7 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.

See y’all later on down the trail!

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “The Versatile Blogger Award

  1. Thanks so much for nominating my blog! This has been an exciting month for Happily Ever After 7.10.11, and it is all thanks to the fantastic people that make up our little blogging community.

    Kudos to you for receiving the award as well, you certainly deserved it! 🙂

    Like

  2. Million thanks for your kind words, I’m really honoured. I’ll post my reply tomorrow and tell everybody on my blog about your kind decision. Really honoured! Thanks Ann

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s